The reason for the washer doesn’t work properly having a problem with water intake can be either a breakdown of one of the machine components or different external factors. Toronto appliance repair specialists identify two groups of reasons, internal and external. The first group includes:
- malfunction of the control unit;
- breakdown of the intake valve;
- inlet valve filter clogging;
- pump malfunction;
- door lock problem;
- the pressure sensor and water supply breakdown.
The second group includes the following factors:
- incorrect water/power supply connection;
- weak water pressure (or its total absence);
- power outages;
- violation of operating rules.
The problems belonging to the second group usually can be eliminated by the user himself. However, if the measures taken do not help, you will have to call for professional washer repair services in Toronto.
The washer draws water too slow
If water enters the washing machine slowly, you need to check the water flow from the supply. Maybe it is just weak. You should also check the inlet tap of the washing machine water supply, it may not be fully open.
Also, there is a fine mesh filter which is located before the inlet valve. It is necessary to remove large particles presented in the water. Over time, this filter becomes clogged and the washer does not intake water as it should. To eliminate this issue, you need to make sure that the inlet valve filter is clean.
Another reason that the unit does not pump water may be the clogging of the additional water filter installed in front of the inlet hose. This filter must also be checked and, if necessary, cleaned thoroughly.
The washing machine does not draw water at all
If the washing machine doesn’t fill with the water completely, one of the following breakdowns is possible:
- Door locking device malfunction. The common fact is that in any washing machine the hatch is blocked before washing in order to protect the user. If the machine cannot lock the door, it will not start the washing program, which means that no water will be drawn.
- Broken water inlet valve. This component is responsible for the water supply to the washing machine. When the control device sends a signal to it, the valve opens and water flows into the machine. When a signal indicating that there is already enough water comes, the valve shuts off the water. If a malfunction occurs, the valve must be replaced by a skilled repairman.
- Defective control module. The control unit is the central “computer” of the washing machine which performs all intelligent actions. It contains all the time data and washing program parameters. Moreover, it controls all sensors. If the control module breaks down, it is considered a rather serious problem that can be eliminated only by trained appliance repair professionals delivering reliable washer repairs in the Toronto area. Perhaps the control module can be fixed, if not, then it will have to be replaced.
Even the best-quality washer stops working after the long-term operation. Entrust the important task of washer repair to our fixing experts who accumulated extensive experience in the diagnosis and maintenance of washing machines of various types and models at home.