Not many people know how to transport a washing machine correctly. Mistakes and lack of preparation cause the unit breakdown and failure of the main components. Sometime after moving to the new house your washer required professional repairs necessary to get your appliance back to life which is definitely not what you expect in this situation.
Delivery from the store is carried out in the original packaging with a shock-absorbing layer. When you move, you need to pack the appliance yourself. Proper loading, correct installation in the car, etc., many rules must be followed. The specialists from our washer and dryer repair service in Toronto prepared a short washer moving guidance to give you a clear picture.
Preparing your washing machine for a move
Transportation of the washing machine must include a preparatory stage:
- Disconnection from the power supply.
- Disconnection of the drain hose. The water shouldn’t remain in it and the pipes. Drain it, leave the hole open for a while to dry out. The action guarantees safety and reduces the risk of flooding of the washer mechanisms.
- The transport bolts in the washing machine must be inserted into the holes in the rear panel and tightened tightly.
- Roll up the hose and the electric cord, pack them in a separate box.
- Tighten the washer door tightly to the body with foil or tape. It can be additionally protected with corrugated cardboard or protective foam.
The absence of excessive vibration causing damaging of various parts of the device directly depends on how thoroughly and carefully the preparatory stage is done.
Placing in the car
Many people wonder if it is possible to transport the washing machine laying on its side. This is undesirable since there is a high risk of flooding the mechanisms with residual water. Also, vibration will damage the frequently required parts and elements of the unit. The correct position is vertical with a secure attachment to the side of the car or with a separate securing.
If you had to lay the unit on its side, make a layer of shock absorption from soft fabrics, foam rubber, cardboard.
The allowed positions inside the car:
- strictly vertical;
- horizontally, but only at the back wall;
- on the side, with all safety measures described above.
It is necessary to observe the average speed limit while driving, sharp braking and bends are unacceptable.
What may happen if not follow transportation rules
The washer cannot be transported in a passenger car because at the end of your trip you most likely get a faulty home appliance.
- Broken power cord.
- Failure of electronics and control panel.
- Broken and damaged glass, door.
- The rupture of hatch cuff.
- Failure of shock absorbers requiring professional washer repair Toronto.
- Breakdown of the drain pump.
- Damage to the fragile plastic parts of the washer body.
- Burst and cracks of hose and pipes.
- Program selector knob breakage.
- Electrical contacts circuiting, oxidation.
- Damage to the machine body.
- Drum breakage.
To avoid risks, you should contact a professional moving company or strictly follow the rules of appliance transporting. But if you get any damage to your device trained appliance repair professionals from our fixing company will provide speedy washer repairs anywhere in the Toronto and GTA area.