We already talked about the importance of cleaning the refrigerator, but, we often neglect cleaning the freezer, which is equally important as cleaning any other appliance in your kitchen. If you want your freezer run at peak performance, you need to know how often you should give it a proper cleaning. Or, if you can hire Neat Cleaning services. Some of the parts require regular wiping, and some of them ought to be washed occasionally. Our Reputable and Reliable Appliance Repair Service is here to share useful tips and advice on how to correctly maintain your freezer.
What parts should be cleaned occasionally
At least once a month you should check out the food you have in your freezer and throw it away if it has been there for a very long time. After removing the food, check out if there are any food spills on the walls and bottom of the freezer because such spots ought to be removed immediately. You need to organize your food smartly in order to avoid any food spills and debris.
What you should clean weekly
At least once a week, it is necessary to wipe down the shelves and, if possible, the walls using a sponge, dish detergent, and some warm water. Make sure to thoroughly clean the door seal as there might be some food particles accidentally stuck there. By giving it a quick clean once a week or so, you will reduce the amount of work to be done while giving your freezer a thorough cleaning.
Tips and advice for thorough cleaning
Once every three months it is necessary to give your freeze a thorough cleaning. Here is the list from our trained appliance repair professionals of how to do it the right way:
- Make sure to turn the freezer off and remove all the food in the fridge, placing them somewhere cool.
- Carefully remove the shelves from the freezer and thoroughly wash them in the sink. Use any cleaning solution of your choice, as well as hot soapy water and a brush to reach all the areas that ought to be clean. Put them aside in order to let them air dry while you are cleaning the interior of the freezer.
- Take your cleaning solution (or use white vinegar mixed with warm water) and spray the interior of the freezer and let it soak. Wait a few minutes, and wipe the walls of the unit with a sponge. If there are any spots that require harsh cleaning, use a brush to remove them.
- Dry the freezer with some cloth, leave the door open and let it air dry for at least half an hour.
- Put all the drawers and shelves you have previously cleaned back into the freezer.
- Put all the food inside and turn the freezer on.
In case you notice that your freezer doesn’t work properly, feel free to get in touch with our largest appliance repair company in the Toronto area to receive professional assistance from our many-year experienced Toronto appliance repair experts.
Appliance repair service in Toronto that provides professional maintenance
We are the fastest and most effective appliance repair service in all of Toronto that specializes in servicing a wide range of vital household appliances, among which are kitchen units, and laundry room devices. We are here to get your appliances back to life regardless of what kind of problem you are struggling with. Our appliance repair service in Toronto is available at fair prices so that you do not have to worry about your family’s budget. Within just one visit, the Toronto appliance repair specialists of our servicing center will perform all the necessary procedures, delivering long-lasting results you will be satisfied with.